Here's an application which will let you turn off/on your screen just with a swipe. Swipe your hand over the proximity sensor (Located near the earpiece on top of the phone).
- Support for tablets with Light Sensor only (Make sure you set sensor sensitivity to low).
- Tasker integration with quick service start/stop toggle
- Pocket/Flip or Smart Cover Mode: Turns screen OFF when sensor covered and ON when uncovered. (Feature requested by Galaxy Note users)
- Swipe to Screen Off: Turn OFF the screen by sliding your hand
- Turn Screen On/Off with following gestures:
1) Swipe Once,
2) Swipe Twice,
3) Swipe and Hold,
4) Hold and Swipe and
5) Cover and Hold
- Ignore Apps list: Add the apps/games where you want to disable the service
- Widget: to start and stop the service
- ScreenOff shortcut: to turn off the screen by launching the app.
- Sensor Configuration : Based on your device select the sensor of your choice, or the one that's available and configure their values, as they are different for different devices.
- Enable screen on/off during calls only
- Disable call handling completely
- Battery Saving options:
1) Option to De-Activate sensors after timeout
2) Option to De-Activate sensors if power button is pressed or phone goes idle
- Override power button and screen-on by other apps (Phone is in pocket and you get a call or you accidentally press the power button, screen will remain off)
- Prevent accidental screen on
- Disable accidental lock - in Swipe to Screen Off mode if the sensor is covered for longer than specified duration screen wont turn off
- Vibration on screen On/Off
Flip Cover Review:
- App needs SDCard read/write permissions for debug logging support
- If app does not work with flip cover but works with hand, then try
a) Enable No-Recognize Delay and add about 4-5 seconds of delay
b) or try pasting a white piece of paper on the cover where the sensor is located, that will help the detection.
- If you have problem where screen turns off and on again immediately, try using the option "Alternate Method to screen off".
- Removing/Uninstalling the app
- Launch ProximityScreenOff Pro and click Uninstall button
- System Settings , "Locations & Security" or just "Security" , Select Device Administrators and disable the ScreenOff App
- App needs Device Administrator privilege to lock the screen, If you have any questions on permissions used by the app, please send me an email and i will explain you the reason app needs them.
- To enable lock screen - Use option "Locks phone on screenOn" under "All settings"
For Support: Post you questions on
Galaxy Note, S2, S3, Tab, Htc OneX, HD2, Desire HD, Google Nexus,
Motorolla Xoom(Light Sensor), DROID Incredible