A brilliant new way of multitasking on Android. It's fast, functional, fluid, and customizable to your liking. Populate the sidebar with your favorite apps, and simply swipe in from the edge of the screen
to gain instant access to the apps you use most. Simple - yet elegant.
- Pin as many apps & toggles to the Sidebar
- Live running apps and running indicators boost multitasking
- Doubles as a task manager!
- Task management allows killing running apps
- Customized colors, opacity, sizes, and positions
- Starts on boot
- Minimal RAM fingerprint and affect on battery life
- Ongoing notification can be disabled(4.1+) / made invisible
- Many widgets to choose from (Home, App Drawer, Wi-Fi, Mobile Data, Bluetooth, GPS, Sound, Rotation, Brightness, Torch, Running Apps, Play/Pause/Skip music)
Sidebar Pro lifts the limitations put on the lite version and opens access to new customizability as well as functionality - elevating sidebar, to its most impeccable and pure state.
Sidebar Pro offers the full set of features.
- Unlimited items!
- Unlimited widgets!
- Unlimited widget usage!
- Right side swipe
- Full settings!
- Adjust width!
- Adjust opacity!
- Choose color scheme!
- Disable notification!
- Lock items!
- Live Running apps
- Live Running indicators
- Custom icons!
Sidebar is in constant development. Development began as soon as the idea stemmed well before the debut of Ubuntu Phone and recent such apps. The developer ensures a smooth and polished experience to every single user. User experience is key in making Sidebar the perfect multitasking app for Android. XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2152373
- Sidebar was showcased on the front page of XDA as well as on XDA TV
- Sidebar was also the best among Android Authority's Top 7 Apps of the week
- Sidebar was reviewed by AddictiveTips
- Sidebar won Best Application at CodeDay Seattle hosted by StudentRND.
It prevents Android from killing Sidebar. Without it, sidebar could not run forever in the foreground and would eventually be closed.
Why the camera permission? In order for the torch widget to function, full access to the camera hardware is required by Android.